Monday, September 14, 2009

My Army Girls













So Darleen left on Monday 9.7.09 for Fort Jackson, SC via MEPS in Salt Lake. She was there at the Radisson Hotel for an extra day and didn't ship to Ft. Jackson until 9.9.09. Luckily Box grandparents lived nearby and visited her Monday night, and Tuesday night took her to dinner. Then Wednesday she flew to Ft Jackson to begin her BCT! She arrived and is still in reception until basic training starts Monday 9.21.09. Thankfully they have had their phones and she has been able to text and call. Some girls can't keep their mouths shut so they have been doing a lot of PT.











Samantha graduated from BCT on Thursday 9.10.09 at Ft Leondard Wood, MO. Family day was on Wednesday and we got to spend the whole day with our soldiers on base. We went to the PX, all the training sites that were open and outside her barracks. She is a true Army Girl. She loves it and it shows.
At graduation they announced the oldest and the youngest soldiers. PV2 Samantha Dolbee from Nevada was the youngest graduate at the age of 17. She stays at FLW for her AIT school, and it starts Monday 9.21.09.


So today is my first evening alone! Eddie is gone to work and Darleen is away at BCT Ft. Jackson, SC. Samantha is away at AIT school Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.

This is the first time since the girls were born 17 years and 10 months ago, that I have not worked. I was laid off in June and still looking for a new job. I am not good at being a housewife yet, as I get upset that I don't have a job. I have registered for school at CSN city college, but am awaiting my transcripts to merge so I can register for mid term classes. I feel that I cannot get a new job until I complete my college degree. I have also decided to change careers and become an RN. Once I have taken all my core classes at CSN I will transfer to UNLV and then enter the nursing program. I may just get my second college degree at the same time the girls get theirs! We shall see!

My life seems to be starting over at the age of 38! I guess it's never to late!

1 comment:

Lemme said...

im so glad i was able to be there with dee leaving and seeing sam in mo!!!! it was so much fun!!! thanks for letting me tag along!!!! i love you!!!