Friday, August 22, 2008

WOW Seniors









I just can't believe my little baby girls are going to be seniors. It seems like last year they were learning to ride a bike, now they are embarking their Senior year of High School!


Amazing thing, they graduate in May 2009 . And my 20 year High School Reunion is in October 2009







Trust me in that writing this blog I will cry. So it is ok if you do also!
This is a trip in the past, and a trip in my life. There are so many stories I could share but I want to chronicle the life of my seniors, not my senior year.


I remember when they started kindergarten at Tarpey Elementry September 1995, they were so cute with their pigtail braids. I was prepared to hang out around school in case they needed me. I walked them to school, went to class to meet their teacher. Then they went immediately to the playground! I was trying not to cry while I took pictures. (will have to find in storage). Then they told me “ok mommy, you can go home now!” I cried!





Then September 2003 came Jr. High school at my rival Clark Intermediate. Big time, lockers, 4 classes a day, lunch time without a playground. The cool hang out place after school was across the street at the Public Library compound. And Boys.


Then that summer, August 2004 we packed up the U-haul and moved to fabulous Las Vegas Nevada.



Welcome the school year to a new Jr High school In Las Vegas at Silvestri Junior High School, August 2004


Then August 2005, the started High School at Liberty. Lots of changes, dress code, uniform standards. They have adapted over 3 years. Now here we are, 12 years later. They are Seniors at Liberty High School, Las Vegas Nevada. Class of 2009.


And they work together at Outlaws Backyard BBQ & Chili.



They are active and headed toward the Army Reserve as a carrer and college path in their lives. They have been talking about the "buddy system" the military has. You go through boot camp with your buddy.




Here's to our little girls, who are all grown up now.





Darleen Kathrine Dolbee

Samantha Iris Dolbee

4 comments:

Lemme said...

bawling...thanks...i can't believe this...

karen said...

aaawww.........i know how you feel, its unbleievable! bittersweet

G'ma Nasus said...

Meeee tooooo! Boooo hooooo!!! Seems like only yesterday it was you.

First your sister, then your brother, and you were last- there was no other.

Five grands down, five to go - - -
My oh my! I'm getting old.

karen said...

man! your'e old! having your 20 year reunion and all